Suburban Roadrunner Sighting

  • Sean Surlow
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Suburban Roadrunner Sighting
      May 12, 2008

      Last Saturday, I was on my way to a job in San Clemente around 2 pm
      and looked down to see a roadrunner standing there on the corner in
      the middle of a large neighborhood. At first, I didn't believe my
      eyes. He was only about 10 feet away outside my truck. He was
      standing on the sidewalk near the corner of Calle Heraldo and Campo
      Raso. He just stood there, and I stopped my truck to look at him. I
      watched him for several minutes, then he strode across the street in
      front of my truck to the other side and stood there on the grass
      under a tree. I wish that I had my camera.

      I use to see these Road Runners occasionally in our backyard in
      Mission Viejo while in high school, but have not seen one for over 20
      years. It was something to see.

      Have a Good Week,
      Sean Surlow
      San Clemente, California