"Birds of Northern California" now online

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 6:04 AM
      Birds of Northern California

      This 108 page book, published by Golden Gate Audubon, contains useful
      information about the status and distribution of the birds found in the
      northern part of the state. Easy-to-read bar graphs illustrate the
      abundance of native species throughout the seasons. This volume, by Guy
      McCaskie, Paul De Benedictis, Richard Erickson, and Joe Morlan, was
      originally published in 1970, then was updated in 1988 and amended with
      additional material. This second edition with supplement is out of print
      but can now be downloaded for free at:

      http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/html/birdresources/birdresources_main.htm

      Direct link:

      http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/PDFs/BirdsNorthernCalifornia.pdf

      This eBook is about 20 mb so a broadband connection is recommended.

      If anyone is interested in updating this book, please contact me off list.
      We have an editable word processor version that could provide a solid basis
      for anyone who may want to write an updated version.

      Special thanks to Richard Duggan for scanning the original and to Golden
      Gate Audubon for web hosting.

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
      Birding Classes start Sep 9 in SF http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/