hybrid warbler at Galileo Hill 5/6/08 - need HELP!!

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 8:31 AM
      Yesterday,Tuesday, 5/6/08, while at Galileo Hill-Silver Saddle
      Resort in the eastern Kern desert, we observed and photographed an
      unusual warbler. We believe this warbler is a hybrid. It was seen with
      a few Yellow-rumped Warblers(Audubon's) near the bicycle racks. We
      would appreciate your help in identifying this warbler.

      Seven photos of this hybrid warbler can be viewed in the photo
      album labled Birds in the CALBIRDS photo section.

      Ken and Brenda Kyle
      Bakersfield
    • Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 9:02 AM
        Does anyone know in what folder and under what name the pictures are in?

        Bob & Carol Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

        Ken and Brenda Kyle wrote:
        > Yesterday,Tuesday, 5/6/08, while at Galileo Hill-Silver Saddle
        > Resort in the eastern Kern desert, we observed and photographed an
        > unusual warbler. We believe this warbler is a hybrid. It was seen with
        > a few Yellow-rumped Warblers(Audubon's) near the bicycle racks. We
        > would appreciate your help in identifying this warbler.
        >
        > Seven photos of this hybrid warbler can be viewed in the photo
        > album labled Birds in the CALBIRDS photo section.
        >
        > Ken and Brenda Kyle
        > Bakersfield

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Alvaro Jaramillo
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7 10:10 AM
          Wow!

          It looks like the bird is a hybrid, and it seems to show features of both
          Townsend�s and Audubon�s warblers. Pretty neat. The photos are in the
          Calbirds yahoo page.

          Cheers

          Al

          Alvaro Jaramillo

          HYPERLINK "mailto:chucao@..."chucao@...

          Half Moon Bay, California

          Field Guides - Birding Tours Worldwide

          HYPERLINK "http://www.fieldguides.com"www.fieldguides.com

          _____

          Yesterday,Tuesday, 5/6/08, while at Galileo Hill-Silver Saddle
          Resort in the eastern Kern desert, we observed and photographed an
          unusual warbler. We believe this warbler is a hybrid. It was seen with
          a few Yellow-rumped Warblers(Audubon'-s) near the bicycle racks. We
          would appreciate your help in identifying this warbler.

          Seven photos of this hybrid warbler can be viewed in the photo
          album labled Birds in the CALBIRDS photo section.

          Ken and Brenda Kyle
          Bakersfield

          Checked by AVG.
          7:46 AM

          Checked by AVG.
          7:46 AM

        • Birder1@surewest.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7 11:54 AM
            It is just another wild guess, but with that upward curve to the throat patch, and the less than solid wingbars, I like "Myrtle" x Townsend's. Their breeding ranges overlap widely, in the Pacific Northwest, too, giving lots of opportunity.

            Ken and Brenda Kyle's photos are in this album:

            Bruce Webb
            Granite Bay, CA