May 3 SoCal deepwater trip is ON.

  • feenstra@alumni.caltech.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2008
      Since I have received a few inquires lately, I felt justified in
      cluttering all your mailboxes with one item of non-bird news...

      The May 3 Los Angeles Audubon trip from Santa Barbara to the Continental
      Shelf and environs on the Condor Express is a GO.

      However, there are spaces available and a few more will need to be filled
      to ensure that LA Audubon breaks even on the trip and has motivation for
      doing this again in the future.

      See:
      http://www.laaudubon.org/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=125&op=page&SubMenu=
      for trip descriptions and some amazing highlights from previous trips.

      Or, feel free to contact me via email with questions.

      The LA Audubon trip to Santa Cruz Island and surrounding waters on June 7
      could also use some more birders. Great chance to get right up to Xantus's
      Murrelets (hundreds last year), plus the Island Scrub-Jay. Last year also
      produced a Flesh-footed Shearwater. The year before, we had a Tufted
      Puffin. Always a good time.

      Jon Feenstra
      Los Angeles