First Rufous Hummingbird Siting Today

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      First Rufous Hummingbird Siting Today
      Sunday, April 06, 2008

      I saw my first Rufous Hummingbird today. He was eating insects off the
      Texas Privet in the backyard. He still seems to be ignoring the
      hummingbird feeders in the back yard.

      Sean in San Clemente, Orange County, California along the coast.
    • linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2008
        I live in Long Beach just north of San Clemente and I have rufous and anna's hummingbirds in my back yard feeding at my feeders. Throughout the winter I had a few that stayed around and I kept the feeders full. In the past two months the numbers have multiplied and I have put out another feeder. There are also two orioles that drink from my hummingbird feeders and they came back about 4 weeks ago.

        Sean <Maninthemoon1965@...> wrote: First Rufous Hummingbird Siting Today