Re: [CALBIRDS] Herb Clarke

  • Don Roberson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      California has lost a great photographer and naturalist with the
      passing of Herb Clarke. He and Olga have been wonderful friends over
      many decades, and in the 'good old days' we would routinely run into
      them at most bird highlights throughout the State: Herb with his
      collection of lens and Olga with her yummy hors d'oeuvres. Some time
      ago I posted a short summary of their importance to California birds
      and birding during the '60s, '70s, and '80s; for those newcomers that
      might not have seen it, it is at
      http://montereybay.com/creagrus/CAwhoH&OC.html

      We will miss Herb very much, and our thoughts are with Olga in this
      difficult time.

      Don Roberson & Rita Carratello
      Pacific Grove CA