Herb Clarke

  • Hank Brodkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      I just heard from Olga Clarke. Apparently Herb passed away peacefully in
      his sleep at 6:45 AM yesterday. Services will be held at Forest Lawn on
      Forest Lawn Drive in Glendale on Thursday. I am sorry, I forget the time of
      the service - but those interested can call Forest Lawn. If anyone else
      knows - please post the time to these mail lists.
      We have known the Clarkes almost 40 years and have been in the field with
      them over the years from the bottom of Death Valley to the Andes of
      Colombia. We would like to think that wherever Herb is, he is about to get
      that award winning shot up where the light is perfect and where the bird is
      never blocked by leaves or branches!

      Hank Brodkin
      Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
      hbrodkin@...
      "Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
      "Finding Butterflies in Arizona - a Guide to the Best Sites"
      http://members.cox.net/hbrodkin/
    • Don Roberson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        California has lost a great photographer and naturalist with the
        passing of Herb Clarke. He and Olga have been wonderful friends over
        many decades, and in the 'good old days' we would routinely run into
        them at most bird highlights throughout the State: Herb with his
        collection of lens and Olga with her yummy hors d'oeuvres. Some time
        ago I posted a short summary of their importance to California birds
        and birding during the '60s, '70s, and '80s; for those newcomers that
        might not have seen it, it is at
        http://montereybay.com/creagrus/CAwhoH&OC.html

        We will miss Herb very much, and our thoughts are with Olga in this
        difficult time.

        Don Roberson & Rita Carratello
        Pacific Grove CA