It is with great sadness that I post this message: Herb Clarke passed today

  • Birders2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2008
      Dear Birders,

      We just learned that Herb Clarke, long time birder and photographer of birds
      and butterflies passed away today around 11:00 AM after a long battle with
      illnesses. His knowledge and wisdom will be sorely missed by the whole
      birding community. Our pleasure in birding with him was in conjunction with Arnold
      Small's UCLA birding classes, seeing him at L.A. Audubon House and rare bird
      sightings.

      I am sure that more will be posted as information becomes available and my
      information is limited to just the news of his passing.

      Our heartfelt sympathies go out to his wife, Olga, and may she find
      happiness in all the good thoughts the name Herb Clarke brings to those who knew him.

      With tears in our hearts and joy in our memory of you: Good-bye Herb, may
      there be many new life birds for you to see in heaven.

      John & Irma

      John + Irma = 2, we are birders, too.

      John C. Le Vine Birders2@... --- Los Angeles, CA

      I go and lie down where the wood drake
      rests in his beauty on the water and the great heron feeds.
      I come into the peace of wild things
      who do not tax their lives with forethought
      of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
      ...I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

      by Wendell Berry - The Peace of Wild Things