Murphy’s Petrel, Parakeet Auklet, Tristram’s Storm-petrel

  • Terry Hunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 9:14 PM
      Greetings, Adventure Lovers

      I just learned by email that the May 3 Los Angeles Pelagic Trip from
      Santa Barbara on Condor Express is in danger of being cancelled
      because of insufficient deposits. We can't let that happen! This is
      the ONLY pelagic trip that runs to the San Juan Seamount, an
      underwater "mountain" with a substantial life-zone around it
      attracting all sorts of seabirds.

      No, we won't see all the birds listed in the subject line in this one
      trip. But the only way to see any of them is to be on the Condor
      Express May 3, because that's how they're seen. Do you have Murphy's
      Petrel checked on your list yet? How will you get it with out going
      with us to deep water?

      The spring Condor Express pelagic trip has a record for finding
      rarities. For example: seven PARAKEET AUKLETS were enjoyed by
      dozens of birders on 21 Apr 2007 thanks to this trip. Amazingly,
      less than 3 months after a TRISTRAM'S STORM-PETREL was captured and
      photographed on Southeast Farallon Island 22 April 2007, we saw one
      from The Condor Express July 21, 2007. The only way to have seen
      this super-mega-rarity was to be on that boat that day.

      Led by Todd McGrath and his gang, there is not a better way put
      yourself in line with a rarity than to be on the Condor Express on
      May 3 and go with us to the San Juan Seamount. Todd knows how to
      SNIFF OUT BIRDS. I know because I've been there. I've watched him.
      He is a magician. In fact, he is so good, I offered him double the
      salary that the L.A. Audubon pays him (and his gang) to lead the deep-
      water pelagics out of San Diego.

      I will be on-board the Condor Express on May 3, having mailed my
      payment last week for both Condor Express trips. I hope you're
      there, too. If you've been procrastinating, please don't hesitate
      any longer, or we could lose this wonderful, comfortable, one-day
      rarity-finding trip.

      If you read the trip policy below, you'll see that the trip could be
      cancelled 4 weeks prior to the trip if there is not enough interest.
      We are running out of time! Please call the Audubon today at
      323.876.0202 or email peltrip@... and let them know you are
      sending your check.

      Here is the link to the LA Audubon Pelagic Trip Page with full
      details: http://tinyurl.com/25yt4v

      Mail your check for Reservations and note:
      1) The trip desired
      2) Names of people in your party
      3) Phone numbers: (a) usual and (b) evening before event, in case of
      cancellation.
      4) Separate check (no cash please) to LAAS for exact amount for each
      trip.
      5) Self-addressed stamped envelope for confirmation and associated
      trip information.

      Send to:
      Los Angeles Audubon - Reservations
      PO Box 931057
      Los Angeles, CA 90093-1057

      If there is insufficient response, the trip will be cancelled four
      weeks prior to the scheduled date. You will be so notified and your
      fee returned. Your cancellation after that time will bring a refund
      only if there is a paid replacement.

      Please call Audubon House at 323.876.0202 or email
      peltrip@...

      Terry Hunefeld, San Diego
      currently on board NOAA research ship Miller Freeman
      off the coast of Washington & Oregon
      counting birds, what else is there?
      Life is short.
      Seabird often.

      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Pelagic Seabirding Trips From San Diego to:
      9-mile Bank
      Los Coronados Islands
      Cortes & Tanner Banks
      Channel Islands

      THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD DAY AT SEA