Some Bodega Bay Birds (SON)

  • Deren Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2008
      Dear Birders,

      While on a family vacation, I had an opportunity to do a little
      birding around the Bodega Harbor. The good viewing opportunities made
      for some great birding. Inside the harbor, a few birds of note
      included approximately 300-500 Brandt, +/- 75 Surf Scoters, +/-1000
      Marbled Godwits, +/-200 Willets, 20 Black Turnstones,+/-40 Common
      Loon, 1 Red-throated Loon, 10 Sanderlings,6 Dunlin,a few Black
      Oysercatcher, several Red-breasted Mergansers,amongst others.

      It's been many years since I've been to Bodega Bay and this was my
      first time birding the area. The small size of the harbor provided
      fantastic viewing and photographic opportunities from all around.
      What a treat!

      Deren Ross
      Auburn,Ca