Re: [CALBIRDS] Bendire's Thrashers in California

  • Lance Benner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2008
      Greetings All,

      I'd like to mention some places in the east Mojave for Crissal and Bendire's Thrasher that haven't appeared in the previous emails.

      Kathi Ellsworth and I have had Bendire's Thrasher along Cedar Canyon Road and Ivanpah Road in Joshua Trees south of the New York Mountains. Both are dirt roads accessible without four-wheel drive. We also get Crissal Thrasher and along the roads into Keystone and Carruthers Canyons in the New York Mountains. The roads into those canyons have deteriorated in recent years so we recommend using a high-clearance vehicle.

      Regards,

      Lance Benner
      Altadena, CA