June 2--6 , Deep Water expedition aboard "The Searcher"

  • teasterla
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Deep Water Mega Rarity Pelagic Expedition - June 2-6, 2008

      A true adventure awaits the curious and persistent birder!

      The Mega Rarity Expedition is just what it says it is, a journey to
      locate the rare and unusual. For those who have not ventured on this
      trip before, the Mega Rarity Expedition can sometimes seem to be a
      journey into the unknown. But in reality, you are in the hands of
      expert birders who understand where they are and know how to find the
      best and the rarest. You will hopefully see birds that you will talk
      about for a lifetime.

      There have not been many trips in June into the deep water. This is a
      unique opportunity to see rare post breeding wanders (Mega Rarities!)
      not normally seen in California waters. This five-day trip, which
      offers optimal time in the mega zone, greatly increases the chance of
      big finds.

      If you are a photographer, you will enjoy our very stable vessel, the
      100 foot ¡§Searcher.¡¨ Photographing the rare birds and thrilling sea
      life that you will see is a rewarding experience. You will have
      visual evidence of great birding finds that, in times-to-come, you
      can ponder and reminisce upon.

      If you want to take advantage of this chance of a lifetime to see
      these Mega Critters, reserve your spot before the boat is full. With
      the gas prices soaring, these kinds of trips will undoubtedly go out
      of sight in the not so distant future. Complimentary food and beds
      are included in your trip price. Believe me, you have stayed in
      hotels that cost more for this amount of time without food included.
      The cincher? You couldn¡¦t step right out of bed to see pelagic birds!
      Now that¡¦s a deal.

      Just a few records of rare birds that have shown up along the
      California Coast in June:

      „X Swallow-tailed Gull!
      „X Crested Auklet!
      „X Parakeet Auklet!
      „X Red-footed Booby, Masked Booby!
      „X Cook¡¦s Petrel!
      „X Hawaiian/Dark-rumped Petrel!
      „X Murphy¡¦s Petrel!
      „X Least Auklet!
      „X Sandwich, Bridled and Sooty Tern!
      „X Red-billed and White-tailed Tropicbird!
      „X Will we add to the list? I bet we do.

      This is also a great time for other rarities of albatross,
      procellarids, pterodromas, and tropicbirds. There are a lot of
      possibilities out there, so let¡¦s search the haystack in June until
      we find that needle or needles!

      Link for more information

      http://tinyurl.com/2ot7w9

      Todd Easterla