Mojave Narrows Caracara & Eastern Phoebe

  • Steve & Priscilla Summers
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      This mid-day (2/29) from 11a until a little after 12p the Mojave Narrows
      Regional Park (Victorville) Crested Caracara was quite active in the pasture
      north of Horseshoe Lake. I saw it at both ends. I also saw the previously
      reported (on the Inland County Birds) Eastern Phoebe in about the same
      location as previously reported along the road on the east side of the
      caracara pasture. I saw it about 0.3 mile north of the gate where you enter
      the road at the ne. corner of Horseshoe Lake. It was in a wet area on the
      west side of the road.

      Steve Summers
      Porterville, CA