Fw: Common Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus)

  • Ruth Rudesill
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      More on Eurasian Kestrel sighting - it was seen in the public part of Shollenberger Park, Petaluma too!

      "Hello,
      I was one of the people that observed the kestrel at the park, it was seen at approximately 1130 (although we did not log a time), we observed it for about 5 minutes hovering over several portions of the far south west field, then it flew over towards the Petaluma River and perched on a pole next to a public bench, some joggers came by (within 60 feet) it did not seem to be bothered by the runners and stayed on the pole. It is a female. Also I found out that the bird had been observed previouly to when we saw it on Wednesday by the person who was with me. I am curios as to whether it might be the one banded in Marin of OCT 2007. Ron Walker"

      This is the other gentleman who sighted the bird.

      Ruth Rudesill
      Kenwood CA