Fw: more on Eurasian Kestrel

  • Ruth Rudesill
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      location marsh are south of Shollenberger Park public dike trail in Petaluma (from 101 take Lakeville exit head east through 2 lights turn right on South McDowell and look for small driveway on right 2 blocks down.)

      More details on Eurasian Kestrel - folks, this sighting sounds good and also the bird is quite likely wintering. I talked at length to one of the men who has seen her - not once but TWICE Jan 30th and Feb 13th.

      Long -120 degrees, 36 minutes 5.7 sec West
      Lat 38.13 minutes 28.6 seconds North

      Chris Adams said they were in the Non public access part of the marsh south of the Shollenberger public path /dike near the river.

      He said that the bird was flying back and forth a cross the river and perched on old buildings out there. He said one scoping from the public trail should be able to see her.

      He said she is noticeably larger than an Am Kestrel.

      He said both of his sightings were around noon.

      Hope this helps and will pass any more details later - he is sending me a map and PICTURES.

      Ruth (Rudesill) - feeling much better about this!
      Kenwood CA