Re: [CALBIRDS] Arctic Loon continues in Humboldt Co. 14 Feb. 2008

  • Elias Elias
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2008
      Just to add a few things to Rob email.

      Bring a 40-60 power scope to view this bird. You'd have to be lucky to
      catch it closer than a mile away.

      I threw together a quick map for those who are interested.

      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=41.247935,-124.070921&spn=0.044011,0.101709&t=h&z=14&msid=116177958158943868713.0004462839bc6664e0db8

      There are no motor-boat allowed on this body of water.

      Elias Elias
      HOME 141 G Street Arcata, CA 95521
      WORK USDA Forest Service, Redwood Sciences Lab., Bird Monitoring Lab.,
      1700 Bayview Drive Arcata CA 95521
      (707) 826-2758 home (707) 845-2537 mobile (707) 826-2758 fax

      My status <skype:eliasaelias?chat>
      Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download> and call me for free.