Fw: [NBB] Eurasian Kestrel

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008
      ----- Forwarded message from Ruth Rudesill <ruthier@...> -----

      Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:06:33 -0800
      From: Ruth Rudesill <ruthier@...>
      Subject: [NBB] Eurasian Kestrel
      To: northbaybirds@yahoogroups.com

      Hi-

      I got an email about a reported female Eurasian Kestrel at Shollenberger Park in Petaluma too. Here is the email.

      Sent to Bob Keiffer who forwarded to me:

      "Afternoon-
      I had a biologist working at the Shollenberger Marsh in Petaluma today who just called me to say that he saw a female Eurasian Kestrel. Ron was working with Chris Adams (owner Wildlife Inventory Systems in Ukiah). They are both falconers and know their raptors extremely well. Also, there was a female banded on the Marin Headlands in October 2007 ( http://www.aworldofbirds.com/thumbnails.php?album=103) Chris says he saw it there previously but at a distance and wasn't able to ID it.

      I told Ron to call it in to the RBA, but he won't get to it until he gets home or back to the office. Feel free to pass this email along.

      Hope all's well in sunny CA.

      Demian

      Demian Ebert
      Fish and Wildlife Biologist
      PBS&J"

      Might be worth checking out although no details on where in the park it was seen.

      Ruth Rudesill
      Kenwood CA

      Listowners: mailto:northbaybirds-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Turn off email delivery: mailto:northbaybirds-nomail@yahoogroups.com