Vermillion Flycatcher at Grey Lodge

  • Ruth Rudesill
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2008
      I didn't find this bird and I waited to see if the gentleman from Sacramento area posted about it. I don't want to step on toes, but I felt this sighting should get out, as this is a rare find in Northern California.

      There was a female Vermillion Flycatcher at Grey Lodge State Refuge late yesterday afternoon. The birder who found it told our field trip group about it and it was easily spotted!

      From the Grey Lodge Hdqtrs parking lot 14 go on the Autoloop - where the road forks and you go right, its about 100 yards along a row of trees on the left side. The bird was flycatching from the last tree on the left. Beautiful!

      This bird was State bird for me and a lifer for many in our group.

      Ruth Rudesill
      Kenwood CA