Re: [CALBIRDS] Northern California Pelagic Trips

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2001
      At 07:06 PM 2001-07-20 -0700, Al Eisner wrote:
      >If this sort of thing is off-topic for the list (I've had a little concern
      >about that), the listowners should clarify it.

      We're active list owners, but feel that more discussion is usually better.
      If we felt this were off topic, we would have said so by now. In fact,
      Doug's post this morning encouraged this topic.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...>, <mailto:mobile@...>

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34*09'02" N, 118*22'47" W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22
    • Ed Stonick
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2001
        Not to run this thing into the ground (or aground--oops, sorry!), but with
        regard to rarities, you might have the old Patagonia Rest Stop syndrome.
        More rarities are seen are pelagics trips because more birders go on them.
        If more birders take whalewatching trips, whether or not they are "forced"
        to by higher prices, it's likely that more rarities will be recorded on
        them. Anyway, both kinds of trips can make sense for different folks with
        different strokes at different times.

        Regards,
        Ed

        [Ed Stonick]