Re: [CALBIRDS] Icelandish Gull

  • Steve Hampton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2008
      Seems like a "Kumlien's" Gull to me. We also have an adult here in Yolo now, but I've yet to see it. I had a first year on the Sacramento CBC-- pics posted at CentralValleyBirds listserv.

      Steve Hampton
      ________________
      Resource Economist
      Office of Spill Prevention and Response
      California Dept of Fish and Game
      PO Box 944209
      Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
      -----------------------------------
      (916) 323-4724 phone
      (916) 324-8829 fax

      >>> "Lisa Hug" <lisahug@...> 1/10/2008 5:37 PM >>>
      Hi All,

      I have posted 3 pictures of a gull I found yesterday at the mouth of
      Salmon Creek just north of Bodega Bay (Sonoma County) that looks to me
      like a good candidate for an Iceland gull.

      Compared to the Glaucous-winged Gull it is with, it is shorter-legged,
      paler-mantled, and smaller billed. The wingtips are too pale for a
      straight-forward Thayer's Gull.

      I am interested in other people's feedback.

      Lisa Hug
      Sebastopol

      Yahoo! Groups Links