bird eat bird world

  • debbie viess
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      My hubby and I spent the last weekend of 2007 in
      Inverness and Pt. Reyes, where we were putting on the
      fifth installment of the Pt. Reyes Mycoblitz.

      While chatting with the innkeeper at the Inverness
      Motel (with a fabulous boardwalk and view into the
      marsh) she mentioned that they had seen some rare
      birds in their marsh during the recent super high
      tide. "Which birds were that," I queried? "Oh, black
      rails", she rejoindered. "We watched the herons catch
      and eat them!"

      Ouch!

      May you all find better shelter from the inevitable
      storms of 2008. And plenty of feathered silver
      linings, too.

      Debbie Viess
      Oakland, CA