Live Birds of Prey, 1/5/2008, 11:00 am

  • CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      Reminder from: CALBIRDS Yahoo! Group

      Title: Live Birds of Prey

      Date: Saturday January 5, 2008
      Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
      Location: Wild Bird Center of Fresno
      Street: 1075 E. Bullard Ave #107
      City State Zip: Fresno Ca., 93710
      Phone: 559-432-9453
      Notes: The Fresno Wildlife Rehabilitation will be bringing some Hawks, Owls, Falcons and more to the store in celebration of our Second Anniversary.

      See these beautiful birds up close.

    • debbie viess
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
        My hubby and I spent the last weekend of 2007 in
        Inverness and Pt. Reyes, where we were putting on the
        fifth installment of the Pt. Reyes Mycoblitz.

        While chatting with the innkeeper at the Inverness
        Motel (with a fabulous boardwalk and view into the
        marsh) she mentioned that they had seen some rare
        birds in their marsh during the recent super high
        tide. "Which birds were that," I queried? "Oh, black
        rails", she rejoindered. "We watched the herons catch
        and eat them!"

        Ouch!

        May you all find better shelter from the inevitable
        storms of 2008. And plenty of feathered silver
        linings, too.

        Debbie Viess
        Oakland, CA