Glenn Co. Snow Bunting

  • Frances Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2007
      The SNOW BUNTING in Glenn Co., on Road R about 1/2 mi N. of Road 39 (Bayliss) was still present this morning between 9 and 1000 am. When I first drove up other birders (John Lewis & friend from Chico, Dan Tankersely from Sacramento, and Roy Carlson from San Carlos) had the bunting in view. It spend some time bathing in a puddle between the road and the gravel bar. And when ever a car came by it would fly from one side of the road to the other. It was loosely associating with Horned Larks and Am. Pipits.

      Lots of Tundra Swans and coots were hanging out in the ponds. Watched a Bald Eagle chase the coots and finally take one down! It was quite impressive!

      Another noteworthy bird was the PEREGRINE FALCON on a telephone pole along Rd 60/Ritz Rd.

      Good Birding!
      Frances
      Lodi, CA