Fwd: [Mendobirds] "AL" returns

  • Chet ogan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2007
      Bob Keiffer <rjkeiffer@...> wrote: To: "Mendobirds" <mendobirds@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "Bob Keiffer" <rjkeiffer@...>
      Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:55:30 -0800
      Subject: [Mendobirds] "AL" returns

      Monday 26 November 2007 - I just received a phone message from a Point Arena contact that "AL", the well-known
      Laysan Albatross, has returned for another presumed winter period at Pt. Arena Cove. The bird apparently flew in
      yesterday evening (apparently near dusk) and was confirmed this morning as it was still there resting. I will check
      my records and update this message tomorrow about historical arrival and departure dates....but I believe that this
      will be the 14th (documented) consecutive winter period that the albatross has used Pt. Arena Cove as it's resting
      refuge. The condition of the injured leg (from last season) is not known at this time. Good birding! Bob Keiffer

      Imagine there's no countries . . .It isn't hard to do
      Nothing to kill or die for . . . . And no religion too
      Imagine all the people . . . .. .Living life in peace...
      - J Lennon-

      Chet Ogan
      chet_ogan@...
      707-442-9353