Rough Legged Hawk on the Carrizo Plain

  • Dennis Vollmar
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      Sorry for the late post but just got back from a
      weekend on the Carrizo Plain via Ojai and Canada Larga
      Rd. Friday night we had a Common Poorwill on Canada
      Larga, Saturday a.m. we dipped on the ZOne tailed
      Hawk... Late Saturday morning on Carrizo we had a
      juvenile Rough Legged Hawk that flew directly overhead
      of us on Elkhorn Road about 2 miles from Soda Lake Rd.

      Also on the Plain were 3 Ferruginous Hawk and a
      calling Chukar that we never were able to see.

      Dennis Vollmar
      Burbank

      http://mail.yahoo.com