Black-throated Blue Warbler - Cero Coso CC Ridgecrest 11/2

  • wahoo92677
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      HI all

      This a.m. around 8:45-9:15 I had a female Black-throated Blue Warbler
      at the NW corner of CCCC at the fire lane between the main building
      and the "De Acevedo Sculture park". The bird was very approachable, is
      giving lots of "dit" calls and is mostly foraging on the ground below
      the pines. Also in the area are at least one Red-naped Sapsucker, one
      red-breasted Sapsucker, lots of Red-breasted Nuthatches, a Verdin,
      amongst others.

      Just passing through today from Orange Co. to Mammoth Lakes. Glad I
      stoped in for some quick birding! Good luck, I hope others can find it.

      Robert McNab
      Laguna Niguel CA (from mobile laptop)