Re: [CALBIRDS] Others Hearing Western Screech-Owl?

  • dsuddjian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      In a message dated 10/31/2007 3:22:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      edelstein@... writes:

      If so, it's interesting timing, given the following paragraph in the account
      for this species in North American Birds Online (that indicates December as
      the starting point for vocalizations in most parts of CA):

      In my experience in the Santa Cruz Mountains region they call extensively in
      the late summer and fall (with an increase in vocal activity by late June and
      perhaps even a peak of sorts in Aug - Sept), and they are very responsive to
      recorded playback, as well. I'm not sure the quote you included specifically
      refers to situation in fall.

      David Suddjian
      Capitola