Swallow-tailed Kite in Sonoma County 10/04/2007

  • Cindy Lieurance
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
      CalBirders -

      Rich Stallcup asked me to spread the word that he received a report
      of a SWALLOW-TAILED KITE in Sonoma County today. The person who
      found the bird gave him a good description of it, and she sent him a
      couple of photos (not great quality, but they will do) that she took
      this morning. We will post those later today.

      The location: Two miles west of the town of Graton in the area of
      Dutton's Vineyards. This is four miles from Occidental.

      The observer saw the bird perched in a tree for about 30 minutes this
      morning - 10/04/2007. It then flew off in a westerly direction and
      she has not seen it for a couple of hours.

      Good luck!

      - Cindy

      *********************************
      Cindy Lieurance
      San Francisco CA U.S.A.
    • Lou, Calvin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2007
        There was a report on the NCAL Birdbox, this last week-end of SWALLOW-TAILED
        KITE
        from Abbott's Lagoon, which I didn't transcribe since I did not know the
        observer.

        Calvin D Lou
        SF

        Rich Stallcup asked me to spread the word that he received a report
        of a SWALLOW-TAILED KITE in Sonoma County today. The person who
        found the bird gave him a good description of it, and she sent him a
        couple of photos (not great quality, but they will do) that she took
        this morning. We will post those later today.

        The location: Two miles west of the town of Graton in the area of
        Dutton's Vineyards. This is four miles from Occidental.

        The observer saw the bird perched in a tree for about 30 minutes this
        morning - 10/04/2007. It then flew off in a westerly direction and
        she has not seen it for a couple of hours.

        Good luck!

        - Cindy

        these addresses:

        Yahoo! Groups Links