Re: Yellow-bellied, and other Empids from Galileo Hill

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
      The bird posted by Oscar for David is remarkably similar in features
      to one I photographed on 16 Sept 2007, the lower 3 Empid images I
      posted here (which we now call Pac-slope):

      http://mysite.verizon.net/res1u8vm/LEFLandNOWA.html

      Agreeing with Mark Brown ... notice of possible YbFl was posted at
      kerncobirding, but I don't recall other ...

      Also, I WOULD appreciate feed-back as to validity of calling top 4
      images "Least" at my site... The only "certain" Least in my photo
      array appears to be the middle one of bird full-frontal perched
      (though I have a few more of VERY inferior quality) -- there was a
      query as to whether the top 4 might be Willow... -- do I now have
      Yellow-bellied as a life bird? Or are these birds so similar as to
      defy identification from the relatively "excellent" photos of David
      (and of mine)? Thanks for any new feedback, and to those who already
      commented on my probable misidentification(s)... I did, however, at
      least see the Least!

      Jim Greaves
      Santa Barbara CA

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Brown" <lawoffmarkbrown@...>