Fwd: [MBB] Laguna Grande vagrant flycatchers, warblers

  • Steve Rovell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hi -

      I didn't notice this message sent out on Calbirds, so I am forwarding
      it now. Basically, an Old World Flycatcher was found at Laguna
      Grande Park, Seaside (Monterey County) Sunday morning but not
      refound. It is still up in the air as to what species of flycatcher
      it is, although the name Mugimaki Flycatcher was mentioned by some.
      Some, I'm sure, are still working on the ID as I write. It would be
      nice to have more than about a dozen birders looking for it tomorrow.
      There is a lot of habitat at Laguna Grande.

      Laguna Grande Park is easy to get to from Highway 1. Take the Canyon
      del Rey exit (you will see the Embassy Suites). Turn away from the
      ocean and follow past the 'Suites. You will notice a park (with
      lake) on the right. There is a hard to see entrance just east of a
      small Russian Orthodox Church. Turn there. Below the parking lot
      you will see the extensive willow patch.

      For those coming from some other direction, find it on your map
      between Fremont (on the east), Canyon del Rey (on the north), Virgin
      or Casanova (on the south) and Del Monte (on the west).

      Hope to see you there.

      Steve Rovell
      Marina, CA

      Begin forwarded message: