San Diego, CA--Rare Bird Alert, 28 Sept 2007--CORRECTION

  • Michael Evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      My original posting (9/28/07) listed a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER as
      being seen by Jon Feenstra on 9/23/07 at the Tijuana R Vly, Dairy
      Mart Rd sod farm, N-end. The original report, via Matt Sadowski, was
      for an UPLAND SANDPIPER, as follows (posted on SD Birds):

      "Jon Feenstra, Mike San Miguel, and Todd McGrath found an Upland
      Sandpiper at
      the Dairy Mart Road sod farm in the Tijuana River Valley. The bird
      was found
      at the north end of the sod farm apparently not on the sod but
      perched on
      some wood near the road. It was extremely skittish, flushing repeatedly,
      ranging across the entire north/south length of the sod farm, landing
      in the
      plowed dirt portion, and even landing in the weedy dirt between the
      Tijuana
      River and the border fence on one occasion...."

      This was a transcription error in the Excel database I use to record
      the reports. Thanks to Doug Aguillard, who graciously pointed this
      error out to me.

      Michael U. Evans
      San Diego, CA