Re: [CALBIRDS] Arctic Warbler, Galileo Hill, Kern Co. now

  • Bob Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 1:10 PM
      Talk about "waiting with baited breath"! Surely the mongrel hordes are arriving on site by now. Hmmm, even if there were word right now..... it is just outside the reach of this mongrel for today. Will just have to go out and find one in Niland I guess!

      See ya at the sea.......

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7 3:52 PM
        Birders,

        Here are a few images of the Arctic Warbler that Susan found today. As of 2
        PM the bird was still being seen near the large lake. Its most often
        visited area were the trees near the west end of the lake - where the small
        creek goes under the road, across from the main parking area.

        http://www.bobsteelephoto.com/Species/arwa_gh.html

        Bob Steele

        Inyokern, CA

        _____

        I've just received a second-hand message that Susan Steele found an
        Arctic Warbler this morning (Friday, 7 September) at the Silver Saddle
        Resort at Galileo Hill, Kern Co. She found it around 0800 and refound
        it some time after 0900. I don't know where at Silver Saddle the bird
        was seen. If you do chase, remember to be on the best behavior, and to
        park ONLY in the designated area near the offices. The resort is
        private property. I know nothing more, so please don't contact me for
        more information.

        Kimball

        Kimball L. Garrett

        Ornithology Collections Manager