Arctic Warbler, Galileo Hill, Kern Co. now

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
      Birders,

      I've just received a second-hand message that Susan Steele found an
      Arctic Warbler this morning (Friday, 7 September) at the Silver Saddle
      Resort at Galileo Hill, Kern Co. She found it around 0800 and refound
      it some time after 0900. I don't know where at Silver Saddle the bird
      was seen. If you do chase, remember to be on the best behavior, and to
      park ONLY in the designated area near the offices. The resort is
      private property. I know nothing more, so please don't contact me for
      more information.

      Kimball

      Kimball L. Garrett

      Ornithology Collections Manager

      900 Exposition Blvd.

      Los Angeles CA 90007

      (213) 763-3368

      (213) 746-2999 FAX

      kgarrett@...

    • Bob Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
        Talk about "waiting with baited breath"! Surely the mongrel hordes are arriving on site by now. Hmmm, even if there were word right now..... it is just outside the reach of this mongrel for today. Will just have to go out and find one in Niland I guess!

        See ya at the sea.......

        >I've just received a second-hand message that Susan Steele found an
        >Arctic Warbler this morning (Friday, 7 September) at the Silver Saddle
        >Resort at Galileo Hill, Kern Co. She found it around 0800 and refound
        >it some time after 0900. I don't know where at Silver Saddle the bird

        (!__!)
        (0V0) HAPPY BIRDING
        {}~~{} BOB MILLER
        =='''='''==

        Southwest Birders
        108 West I Street
        Brawley, CA. 92227
        Imperial County
        760-455-1413
        http://www.southwestbirders.com
        bob.miller@...
      • Bob Steele
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
          Birders,

          Here are a few images of the Arctic Warbler that Susan found today. As of 2
          PM the bird was still being seen near the large lake. Its most often
          visited area were the trees near the west end of the lake - where the small
          creek goes under the road, across from the main parking area.

          http://www.bobsteelephoto.com/Species/arwa_gh.html

          Bob Steele

          Inyokern, CA

          _____