BUFF-BREASTED and STILT at Watsonville, Santa Cruz Co.

  • Kathryn Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      This morning at 9, I saw the continuing BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER and the
      STILT SANDPIPER at Struve Slough in Watsonville, Santa Cruz Co. I
      followed the directions posted to Harkins Slough Rd. I saw others on
      the other side of the slough and don't think they could see the birds
      from where they were standing. There are wide bands of vegetation that
      block views, especially of the Buff-breasted. It stayed fairly close to
      the edge of the vegetation. I suggest that if you first don't see the
      birds, try both sides of the slough.

      Kathy Parker
      Los Gatos