RE: [CALBIRDS] How widespread in CA is Eurasian Collared-Dove?

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      Katy

      The Collared Dove has been in the county for a few years now. They first
      appeared in Pescadero and shortly thereafter in Half Moon Bay. As far as I
      know, these are still the strongholds and I have no idea if there are any
      other nuclei of occurrence in the county. In a few short years (3?) the Euro
      Collared Dove went from being a rarity to being the second most common
      columbid in Half Moon Bay! At least in the town proper it is now more common
      than Rock Dove (Pigeon) and Band-tailed Pigeon. Mourning Dove is still the
      most common dove species here, but if the increase in Collared Dove
      continues, it will soon be the most common columbid within the Half Moon Bay
      town limits!

      Regards

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo