Bolsa Chica Red-necked Stint, Brant, Reddish Egret

  • Birders2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      Hi,

      Irma and I found a Red-necked Stint that is still mostly in alternate
      plumage at 3:30 PM Sunday and watched it for about a half an hour. The head, nape,
      throat and breast showed a rusty wash, mantle coverts, wings were mottled
      gray, bill and legs black, under wing white, about the size of a Western
      Sandpiper. Found behind the fence to the left of the end of the boardwalk in with
      a bunch of gulls at the waters edge.

      There was a Brant further left of the trail past the end of the fence.

      The Reddish Egret was of the right side of the trail as one looks towards
      the new housing development.

      We also had a group of four Snowy Plovers on the other side of the fence,
      between the fence and the water edge.

      Near the flood gate we had a Peregrine Falcon chasing a Black-Skimmer. Not
      successfully, though.

      The rest of the birds were the expected birds.

      Great Birding and Find that next Lifer,

      John (One of Birders2)_ Birders2_
      (http://listserv.arizona.edu/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2=ind9705d&L=birdchat&P=8940) @...
      John + Irma=2 We are birders, too.
      Los Angeles, California

      The trouble with Modern man is he can no longer
      see the stars through his city lights.

      A thought on a moonless night in Big Bend Nat. Park. 4/30/97