Egyptian Goose

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      Yesterday while boating and birding on Lake Don Pedro (from Moccasin
      Point) I encountered an unknown waterfowl. I took about 100 photos and
      this morning was able to ID it properly. It is an Egyptian Goose. I am
      working my brain really hard to remember if there ware possibly two
      individuals and not just the one. The first sighting was one sleeping
      on the shoreline and then about 500 feet and 3 minutes just around the
      corner on the opposite shoreline was the second sighting. I did not see
      anything fly/swim over there during this time. However, I did not see
      them together at any time throughout the day. They were very tolerant
      of people, remained basically in the same location all day and
      preferred the shoreline to water. Anyone have any information on this
      species? There were no bands on the legs or tags on the wings of any
      kind. I do have about 100 photos from numerous angles etc. if anyone is
      interested. I have posted two photos here at the club in the temporary
      album.
      Jamie Mullin
      Groveland, CA