Odd Gull @ Huntington State Beach

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2007
      Hi, all!

      We had a 3rd-summer gull at HSB (near the north end of the Least Tern
      colony, just north of the mouth of the Santa Ana River) on Thursday afternoon (the
      2nd) that is probably only an odd-looking Western, but it reminded me of some
      photos of Slaty-backed I've seen, as it had a a lot of streaking on the head
      and a pale eye. Other 3rd-year Westerns nearby that also had head-mottling
      but the usual dark eyes make me think this was just a pale-eyed Western, but
      I'd love for you to take a look at the photos (unfortunately I wasn't able to
      get any flight shots). The link is:

      _http://miriameaglemon.com/photogallery/Larids.htm_
      (http://miriameaglemon.com/photogallery/Larids.htm)

      Thanks! Take care,