RFI - San Diego

  • Dr. Gordon Payne
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Dear Calbirders,

      I will be in San Diego for a pelagic trip during the first week of September and will have two days free for landbirding (Sept. 1st and 2nd). I have a few target birds I would like to try to find. If anyone can suggest good locations for these birds, I would be grateful. If anyone wants to bird with me for a day or two that would be great too (I'll drive and buy lunch): Here are my target birds:

      1) GRAY VIREO - I understand Kitchen Creek Rd. is a good place, but I'm wondering if Sept. 1st is too late (?).

      2) MOUNTAIN QUAIL - Kitchen Creek Rd. too (?).

      3) LAWRENCE'S GOLDFINCH

      4) McGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER

      Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you.

      Gord Payne
      London, Ontario, CANADA
      vireo@...
      vireo@...

      R. Gordon Payne, BSc, DDS, dip. Paed. Dent., MSc, FRCD(C)
      Adjunct Clinical Professor
      Division of Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry
      Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
      The University of Western Ontario
      London, Ontario, CANADA
      Email: vireo@...