Greenwood Cemetery

  • Guy McCaskie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2002
      This morning (Saturday January 12th) I spent about three hours (8:00 AM to 11:00 AM) in the western portion of Greenwood Cemetery in San Diego. Birds were active and conspicuous. Along with expected residents and winter visitors, I managed to see Gray Flycatcher (1), Dusky-capped Flycatcher (1), Western Kingbird (1), Cassin's Vireo (1), Palm Warbler (1), Summer Tanager (2), Western Tanager (1), Orchard Oriole (1) and Bullock's Oriole (1). Virtually all of these birds were found by others in late December or earlier in January, so are presumed to be wintering locally and should be refindable by those interested.

      Guy McCaskie
      954 Grove Avenue
      Imperial Beach, CA 91932
      TEL 619-423-7524

    • Edge Wade
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2002
        I will be in the San Diego area in February. I've birded San Diego Co.
        before, but have not been to Greenwood Cemetery. Recent reports from there
        look intriguing. Most or all sightings were specified as "west" portion of
        the cemetery.

        I have a Gousha map of San Diego and Vicinity. It shows Greenwood Cemetery
        adjacent to Mt. Hope Cemetery, the two forming a thick "L" shape, with
        Greenwood indicated as the eastern section of the bottom of the L. It is
        unclear from the map where Mt. Hope ends and Greenwood begins; thus, I'm
        unable to determine what is meant by the west portion of Greenwood.

        Any help with directions/description of the cemetery area will be much
        appreciated.

        Edge Wade
        Columbia, MO
        edgew@...