Frigatebirds

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      Hi all,

      Tried to send this out earlier, but my connection went down. Brian, I hope
      you don't mind that I used your photo to illustrate this.

      My first thought about the frigatebird, without reading the description, was
      that the pale bill and underwing were exactly like I remembered Lessers from
      the Marquesas and the Tuamotus last spring. Here
      (www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/viewphoto.php?id=1054) is a photo of a female
      Lesser that I shot on Hiva Oa in the Marquesas April 28, 2006 (on the
      right). Compare it to the photo of Brian's on the left and I think you'll be
      impressed.

      Quite the sighting.

      Cheers, Ron

      Ron LeValley Photography

      Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery

      301 North Main Street

      Fort Bragg California USA 95437

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Gallery: 707/964-4706

      www.LeValleyPhoto.com <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/>

      Ron@...

      For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, contact
      Ron@...