Re: [CALBIRDS] odd colored Nuttall's woodpecker

  • B & C Yutzy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2007
      You might consider that the bird probably has some leucistic (albino
      type) characteristics to it. Thus the black areas are washed out and
      are brownish. I believe I have seen the same thing at some time in the
      past in another black and white bird.

      Photos of such individuals are neat to look!

      Take Care,

      Bob Yutzy
      Shasta, CA