color banded Tri-Colored Blackbirds, request for assistance

  • Rusty Scalf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 12:20 PM
      I post the following as a favor to Bob Meese of UC Davis.

      Rusty Scalf

      * * * * *

      Greetings all,

      More than 1600 tricolored blackbirds have been banded and color-banded
      at three locations in Yolo, Yuba, and Colusa counties. Your assistance
      in reporting observations of color-banded birds is essential to helping
      us to learn about the spatial and temporal movements of tricolors. If
      you see a color-banded tricolored blackbird, please send an email to
      tricolored.blackbird@....

      Yolo County : white on left tarsus, green on right tarsus
      Yuba County : white on left tarsus, blue on right tarsus
      Colusa County : white on left tarsus, orange on right tarsus

      What to report:

      1. observer name
      2. observer email
      3. observation date
      4. latitude (decimal degrees)
      5. longitude (decimal degrees)
      6. band colors
      7. habitat
      8. approximate number of birds in flock
      9. land ownership (public/private) , if known
      10. description (general description of your observation and any
      additional information that you deem relevant)

      You can obtain latitude/longitude coordinates from either Google Earth
      (download to your computer; requires high-speed internet connection) or
      topozone.com.

      Many thanks for your assistance!

      Bob Meese

      Robert J. Meese, Ph.D.
      Department of Environmental Science & Policy
      University of California
      Davis , CA 95616