Re: [CALBIRDS] Pelagic Cormorants

  • Ruth Rudesill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Jamie - you wrote" cormorants have very brightly colored
      throats of off white'ish and blue."

      I believe you were looking at Brandt's Cormorants - they have a bright blue and tan throat patch in breeding (alternate) plumage as pictured in the Nat'l Geographic 4th Ed. page 54.

      Good Birding,
      RuthRudesill
      Kenwood, Sonoma County