Fledged Crane, Grass Valley

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2007
      Siskiyou County Grass Valley Rest Area on US Highway 97, Saturday 09
      June 2007, we saw a pair of SANDHILL CRANE with a single juvenile
      (still golden headed). The pair was dive-bombed by a couple adult BLACK
      TERNS (2 of over a dozen sighted during our stop at the rest area);
      also many YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDS calling and flying about. CASSIN'S
      FINCHES were singing in pines in the rest area, while below BREWER'S
      blackbirds carried food to young in nests. - Jim and Lark, Santa Barbara