Horned Puffins at Point Reyes today

  • naturestoc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2007
      Hi All. This morning at about 9:30, Kathy and I saw 3 adult Horned
      Puffins about 1/4 mile west of Chimney Rock. The birds were about 150
      yards south of the cove containing the group of Elephant Seals which is
      below the "Dangerous Cliffs" sign along the trail to Chimney Rock. We
      did not see the Thick-billed Murre.

      We also saw 2 Eurasian Collared-Doves "courting" at the Fish Docks
      private residence.

      Dan Brown,
      Sacramento