Re: [CALBIRDS] Ringed Bird dead on Dockweiler Beach

  • Bruce Deuel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
      These are the types of bands put on racing pigeons. I used to know where to report those (to pigeon people, the government doesn't want to know), and I'm trying to get that info again, so if anyone wants to know, I should be able to tell you in a day or two.

      Cheers,
      Bruce Deuel
      Redding

      >>> Chuck & Lillian <misclists@...> 6/2/2007 5:12 PM >>>
      Birders,
      On Dockweiler Beach, Saturday June 2, 2007 about 9:30am I found a dead ringed bird in the high tide seaweed wrack.
      This is on central Santa Monica Bay, just south of Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey.
      It appeared to be a Rock Pigeon. The head had been torn off and the plumage was very messy, so I'm not sure.
      It had a thick ring of clear hard plastic on 1 leg (didn't note which leg) with the following number.
      328 IP 2006 OMNI

      If anyone knows where this information should go, please send it on.
      Anyone with questions can send me an email.

      yours,
      Chuck Almdale
      Santa Monica, CA

      Yahoo! Groups Links