Scarlet Tanager and more in Marin Co.

  • Ryan Terrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hi birders-

      Today, I birded Pt. Reyes and coastal Marin with my parents (Scott and Linda Terrill), Matt Brady, and Meagan Oldfather.
      The highlight of the day was an SY male SCARLET TANAGER in an Alder grove in Muir beach, about 1/4 mile up Muir Woods rd. from Hwy 1, just past a large Eucalyptus with a pull-out underneath it. Out at the Point, the BROWN THRASHER continued at the Fish Docks, where there was also a singing CANADA WARBLER, and an AMERICAN REDSTART. The EASTERN KINGBIRD continued on the road on the way to Drake's Beach. The singing MAGNOLIA WARBLER continued at Mendoza ranch. There were other local rarities out on the Point. Photos of some of these birds are here:

      http://www.garrulax.com/raritiesgallery

      good birding

      -Ryan Terrill
      Santa Cruz, Ca