Horned Puffins, 6/3/07, Marin

  • Chris Conard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Folks,

      I haven't seen any reports of the Horned Puffins at Chimney Rock at Point
      Reyes in Marin County for this Sunday, so here goes. Kimya Lambert and I
      saw four Horned Puffins along the Chimney Rock trail between 1030 and 1145.
      Three of them were seen from the end of the trail along the bluffs to the
      right of where the bench and fence are located. A fourth was in the scope
      of a couple of other birders on the ocean side of the trail at the saddle
      nearer the parking area on our walk back.

      There was also a single Ancient Murrelet at the end of the trail and the
      Eastern Kingbird continued on the road to Drake's Beach within about 1/4
      mile of Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

      I put some photos of the puffins, etc. here:
      http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/cconard/4406

      All the best

      Chris Conard
      Sacramento