Re: [kerncobirding] Possible Varied Bunting @ Galileo Hill

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hi All,

      I received another call from Tom Wurster. After the arrival of
      reinforcements, photos of the bird were obtained that led to the
      conclusion that the bird is NOT a Varied Bunting, but probably a
      hybrid of predominantly Indigo Bunting parentage. Tom apologizes for
      the false alarm.

      > >From: mobile@...
      > >Date: 2007/06/03 Sun PM 06:02:00 CDT
      > >To: Calbirds@yahoogroups.com, kerncobirding@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [kerncobirding] Possible Varied Bunting @ Galileo Hill
      >

      > >Hi All,
      > >
      > >I just received a callfrom Tom Wurster. He and others have a
      > possible 1st year Varied Bunting at Galileo Hill on te lawn between
      > the stable and the main parking lot. This is a brown bird that Tom
      > says is the best candidate he has seen in California.

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky,
      SoCA Bird Guides <steve at sosensky.com> www.sosensky.com/guides
      Nature Photos www.sosensky.com/nature_photos.htm
      Optics4Birding <steve at optics4birding.com> www.optics4birding.com
      Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 949-269-2161 33.56485 N, 117.72205 W